For travelers and tourists, who would like to combine the advantages of a travel guide with the advantages of their iPhones, WikiGuide [EN] offers to world-wide more than 600.000 objects of interest, places and events detailed and well investigated articles with encyclopedia quality from the English-speaking Wikipedia®.
- Over 600.000 high-quality, English articles from the Wikipedia® off-line usable on your iPhone
- World-wide coverage in the full version: download once, at each place carry forward!
- Tailored versions for selected regions!
- Location based search: Look for articles to objects of interest near to you.
- All articles have position information (geo coordinates)
- Search for objects of interest in the surrounding of an article and prepare your next journey!
- Article search: Find articles by their names
- Favorite lists: Arrange lists with articles and prepare you your next city trip
After the installation, all articles are available permanently off-line on your iPhone.
- No Roaming costs abroad
- No subsequent costs for downloading article packages
- Delay-free navigating between articles without load delay
You can use the App for an unlimited period immediately after the installation. You do not need to know a connection to the Internet and you can use your iPhone as GPS-based travel guides abroad, without expensive Internet connections. You have all articles of the selected version (world-wide, Europe, North America,…) in your bag and available without further costs.